1.17.2015

InstaKings...

So Ryan and I started the 21 Day Fix and it's actually pretty great! I'm not starving, haven't threatened a life or snuck off and eaten an entire bag of Oreos. Super easy to follow and you still get good stuff like PB and cheese! #callitawin #itsonlyday3

(Since this post, we have also stopped and started and stopped and started again).
#welovequeso


I think we are going to try to visit every park in B/CS...I'm not sure we'll succeed but they will have fun trying! #oneoneverycorner #Texaswinter #wee3Kings


The first real temptation hit. The last piece of Cool Whip Pie.

And I didn't eat it!


I played hookie one day from work. And it was fabulous. I just sat in my favorite room and read all morning long.


"The Middle Place is about calling home. Instinctively. Even when all the paperwork- a marriage license, a notarized deed, two [or three] birth certificates, and seven years of tax returns- clearly indicates you're an adult, but at the same time, there you are clutching the phone and thanking God that you're still someone's daughter." 

Read this one.

(And yes, I got cold and moved closer to the fire.) 

Meanwhile, on day 4 of 21... I forgot her before dance snack. Since she misses snack at school, I "have" to bring her something. So I asked what she wanted, "hmmm... Toast from Cane's." was her reply. Y'all. What I would have given for that damn piece of toast.


My neighbor and I bid (and won) a party for 8 at a Pinot's Palette. We had a great time painting pink moons with an awesome group of women.



That time I pulled into the girls school and realized I still had these bad boys on. #majormommoment#loweringstandardssince2007 #Istilllookgood


Radley had a friend over one night and reminded Ryan how awesome of a tent Jack's dad had built for them at his sleepover. Code for, "you better go big, Dad."

I'd say he succeeded.


This is them singing "hard knocked life" while pretending to scrub my kitchen. Mental note: give them real cleaning supplies.


The girls had a ton of fun helping me with these chocolate balls. And I had a ton of fun eating them while feeling pretty good about what's inside!


You can find the recipe for those plus this OH MY WORD delicious CAULIFLOWER casserole here. Y'all. MAKE THIS FOOD.


Night 3 with no heater and they couldn't be happier/cozier all bundled under the fort in Rad's room.



By day four with no heater and a new one (yes an entire new "furnace") not being installed anytime soon, I was basically ready to comfort eat my way through butter. I basically hit Laura Ingalls Wilder status.


Maybe I'll retire and they can advise MSC FISH. I doubt anyone would miss me! 


Ryan and I started Friday Night Lights this week and I FINALLY get what Cindy has been talking about all these years. I have a feeling it's going to make my top 5 tv shows of all time list. Easily. 


So, I got my second pair of these beauties in the mail this week. Happy Birthday to me! Thanks, Mom and Dad!


I have a feeling that we will become great friends over the years.


To end our week, the kids and I took a random park trip with some of our new friends. Two of the siblings are in the same class as Rad and Emmy so we have years ahead of fun times. After the park, we went to their house for a while and y'all... Emersyn was so scared of their poor, decrepit, near-blind dog, that she asked to hang out in the back of the truck with the deer head. 

SMH.


And that's us in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment