1.13.2015

Sunday Sweetness...

We had a pretty awesome Sunday. Long actually. Cozy. Family filled. We headed to church and then Ryan, Landry and I got groceries while Rad and Emmy were at Sunday school. Before we knew it, naptime was here and we all settled down for a rest. Then, y'all. 

I sat on the couch for the next FOUR hours and worked on some PTO business while the kids played and watched movies and Ryan cooked. It was GLORIOUS. Definitely the way God intended. 

After all that typing, I decided it was time to contribute and got up to make the promised "chocolate balls" that I had been telling the girls about. Emmy stuck around long enough to pour everything in, but didn't really feel like getting her hands dirty for the rolling. 


I think Landry was smart enough to figure out that rolling meant finger-licking. 


(We got a new camera lens and Ryan had some fun trying to be all artsy). 


I saw these on Molly's instagram and had to make them. (I just said "Molly" like we are friends. I haven't met her, I feel like you should know that. I am a stalker.) I am totally good with health food. I love fruits and veggies and can live without most bad-for-me things. 

But, I kinda need a little sweet everyday. This is the perfect solution. 
1 cup dry oats, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup honey. Mix it all up and roll into balls (Next time I am doubling). I put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes then filled a ziplock baggie and now have snacks for the week.

Whoop. 


And if that wasn't enough goodness for one day. 

Y'all. 

Ryan made this.

Loaded Cauliflower Casserole by Rachel Schultz
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
2 heads cauliflower
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 bundles green onions, sliced
3 ounces bacon pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Steam cauliflower until tender. Meanwhile, combine cheeses in a large bowl. Remove 1/4 of cheese and set aside.




Heaven. HEAVEN. HEAVEN I tell you.

In the form of cauliflower. AND, the kids LOVED it. Every bit. Yum. Yum. Yum. 

Things to note:
  1. We took out the green onion for the kids and substituted frozen peas. They just aren't fans of onion. I have to say, I liked their version a little better than ours. I would just put it on top.
  2. I would recommend halving the cheese. The pic on her blog shows much more cheese than what ours looked like and ours was too much. You can always add your own on top. 
  3. We topped ours with some greens. Ryan wilted some kale and spinach in EVOO and garlic and it was the perfect punch on top. 
  4. I am sad that we don't have leftovers. 
  5. If we ever want to be foodie bloggers, we need better lighting and crisp white plates.
  6. Ryan gave Emmy $20 to taste the kale. 

Seriously. It was like healthy comfort food y'all. DELICIOUS.

Make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment