4.27.2018

InstaKings...

Where did we leave off? I can't pretend that this is accidental anymore. I need y'all to know this is just who I am now.

I blog.

Sometimes.

And I'm not that great at it.

Meh.

Here's what we've been up ...


If you haven't joined the land of HQ then you are missing out. Y'all. It's a FREE trivia app and there is a DAILY cash prize. 12 questions and then BAM.... and I finally won! The entire office was celebrating... now I just need to decide what to do with all that dough...



April is a CRAZY month in higher education. Basically all the students decided long ago to every program or event imaginable in 30 days or less. Fun times. 


BUT, April is also when A&M hosts their official Family Weekend and I love love LOVE meeting the parents and families of the awesome Aggies I get to work with each year!


We also got to meet another new Aggie, my niece, Keirstyn, made her debut and she has already told me I'm her favorite. 


My students work on a somewhat limited budget which means they have to fundraise. They started a "small 5K" three years ago that has not stayed small.... we had 400 runners in the ramps of Kyle Field and this guy below made it all happen. He didn't need me one bit, but I showed up and pretended I knew what I was doing. ;) 



And also took lots of pictures. 


We basically never have any fun at these events.


Literally the best job in the world - I mean I don't know one thing about races, but they figured it out and made it happen. So so proud of all the work they do to make our community brighter!



That same afternoon was the burial of Mrs. Bush. I feel so honored that the Bushes chose our little town as their home away from home. The streets were lined with people waiting to pay their respect and show their admiration for her life of service. 


I caught a small one-hour of solitude at Starbucks and felt like a new person. 


We snuggled up with our new cousin...


Who was sweet enough to give us some gassy smiles. 


And Radley finished his soccer season with a win! I hate that I didn't get to see him play nearly enough this least half of his season, especially since he may be taking a break from soccer next year. He's ready to try something new and I'm ready to watch him shine with whatever he chooses!


My momma got me an "i.o.u." for a denim jacket ages ago (like, maybe 5 years)... and out of the blue asked me if I ever got one. I had not...but I knew which one I wanted and since she's an awesome momma and Dad decided the statute of limitations on an i.o.u. was 7 years... I am now part of the "cool kids" club. 


Ryan celebrates a birthday soon (a BIG birthday) and since he is such a supportive husband when it comes to making sure I have time to nourish my friendships, I surprised him with a weekend away with his buds. Stay tuned on all the crazy that I am sure will not happen! ;)


And that's us in an instant!



No comments:

Post a Comment