2.17.2011

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Have I mentioned that I don't particularly love Thomas the Tank Engine? Oh, I have? Well... I really don't love him.

Have I also mentioned that Kasey, RYAN's dog, drives me crazy?!? Oh, I have? Well... she does.

So... to the tale.

Last week Kasey left us a "present" in the garage. I was trying to be a nice owner and let her stay in the garage since it was sub-arctic temperatures outside. How does the dog repay me? By pooping. In the garage. EXACTLY where my tire would roll (without me noticing).

So, instead of coming home, winding down and playing with the kids on this said day, I throw gently place kids inside, distract them with snacks and toys and then hose down the garage. With soap. And water. In sub-arctic temperatures. All while NOT killing the dog. :)

Fast-forward to the next day.

We are driving home from school and are pulling onto our street...

Radley: Kasey in the garage, Mommy?
Me: No, buddy. She's not in the garage.
Radley: Oh. She's in the backyard?
Me: Yes, buddy.
Radley: So, Kasey not poop in the garage today?
Me: No, buddy.
Radley: Good! 'Cause that made you really cross!

Me (thinking to self): Really cross? He's 3 years old...how does he know what 'cross' means and how does he know to use it in the correct context? Really cross?

And then it hits me. Thomas the Tank Engine is "really cross"... or his friend Percy, or James, or Sir Toppemhat. I guess the guy isn't so bad... he is after-all expanding my child's vocabulary.

1 comment:

  1. i'm not a huge fan of thomas either...but jackson LOVES him...well, the books and the toy trains, not seeing him on tv (scary!)...

    anyway, we just read a new thomas book last night and i had to explain what "cross" meant...a fancy word to say mad! :)

    ReplyDelete