6.16.2011

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Radley is very into his age right now, and well, everyone else's as well.

Rad: What's your number, Mommy?
Me: 32, buddy.
Rad: Oh.
Rad: I'm 3. And then I'll be 4 then 5 then 6.
pause
Rad: And THEN I'll be a teenager.
Me: ::glances questioningly:: Really? A teenager?
Rad: Yep. And then I'll be 7 and go to high school.
Me: Really?
Rad: Yep.
Me: So when will you go to college?
Rad: About 8.
Me: Really? Will you drive there?
Rad: Nope. You run to college, Mommy.
Me: Wow. I didn't know that.
Rad: Yep.

Later that night we were reading our stories and saying our prayers. I always get really sentimental when I put the kids to bed because I know they won't need me to do that forever. So I asked Radley...

Me: Will you always need me, buddy?
Rad: ::thinks for a minute:: Nope. Only until I can drive.

Heart breaks.

Guess he won't be getting that license until he's 30. Good luck dating, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment