10.12.2011

From Honey-B Queen to marrying my King...


When Ryan and I were cleaning out our closets/drawers/cabinets/life this weekend, we came across lots of fun things. Old pictures, random notes, cards from friends, mementos from special occasions, etc... 

As I was going through one box I found a frequent meal card from Honey-B Ham & Deli, the place that Ryan and I met. If you purchased 9 "Aggie Specials" (the generic label for any meal deal in Aggieland) you got the 10th one free. 

We laughed about it, took pictures on our phone and sent it to our friends that frequented Honey-B with us as well as our old bosses. We had a fun time reminiscing about the days of sandwich making and ham glazing - oh the luxurious life we lead as college kids. (And we would both go back in a heartbeat).

About 2 seconds later into this pile I found the business card of the associate that sold Ryan my engagement ring at David Gardner's Jewelers. 

I have to admit, I teared up a bit... to think of the time that we have known each other and what that journey looks like. From slinging sandwiches to raising children... together. What a beautiful life we have lead. 

We decided this was much more than a coincidence of Katy's organizing and wanted to do something special with the cards. I took them to HobLob and had a matte created and framed them in a shadow box together... 


I know this is a crooked picture, but it's dark in my house and my battery is almost dead on the camera so the shutter speed won't work correctly without the flash (have I mentioned that I need a new camera)... 

Isn't it perfect? 

A great reminder of where we started and the commitment we made for better or worse, in sickness or in health, for richer (is that really an option ;)) or poorer. In good times and in bad... we pledge to live it together. 

And while this man of mine can drive me crazy.... there is no other man that I am more crazy about. 

Love you, babe. I swear on Honey-B. 


No comments:

Post a Comment