10.13.2011

Tiny Tales Thursday...

This one doesn't really include something funny that Radley said, but what he did. 

He goes in these spurts of waking up in the middle of the night to come to our room. The past three weeks or so he has "needed" us at some point in the night. For the first two weeks this included screaming from his room to ours. Well, we had a little talk about the screaming and asked him if he could try really hard not to scream and just come to our room if he needed us. 

Being the quick learner that he is, he easily obliged... making his way through the house without a peep and gently tapping us awake to let us know that he "needed" us for a minute. 

Well, this week he has kinda turned into a creeper. 

Last night he needed us. 

I imagine he woke up. Grabbed his "football and dots" (lovies) and slipped out of bed. He quietly made his way through the house to our room and happened upon my side of the bed. 

Where he got as close to my face as possible and uttered not. one. word. He just sat there and breathed. Heavily. Until I woke up to see a tiny human face staring at me. 

Holy cow did it scare me. I swear I almost peed in my pants. And then my being scared made him scared. He started to cry. Ryan started to laugh. And we all fell asleep. 

Maybe we'll just give him a quiet little bell. Or teach him how to text. 

1 comment:

  1. Ahahaha! Love this. Justus does the same from time to time. Terrifying to wake to the child stalker standing there breathing in your face.

    ReplyDelete