10.16.2011

Turtle Talk...

This is Kim. 


This is Philip and Kim. 


I like to take credit for their incredible love story. 

Kim is one of my sorority sisters and Philip is a Baylor Alumni. When I was a sophomore I helped arrange a "mixer" between the Aggie Delta Zetas and the Baylor Sig Eps. (Side note: it was an excellent event). Kim and Philip locked eyes at the Waco On The Border, and well the rest is history. 

The got engaged FOUR MONTHS later (she was a freshmen, he a junior) and have been together ever since. Seriously. One of my favorite couples. Ever.

I basically named myself godmother of their first child... honorary of course. 
;)

Kim and I hadn't seen each other since probably my wedding or another wedding for one of sisters... either way it had been much too long. Her sweet family came to Aggieland for the Baylor game and then headed over to our place for dinner and to catch up. 

Our kids had the best time playing and the "grown ups" had some fun, too! 



 Miller was a natural at ladder ball, and Kennedy was the perfect big sister to all the smaller tikes. 


Emmy eventually "warmed up" to everyone and was a giant mess... 



 Literally... check out those feet! 


Radley didn't mind the attention and even requested a picture with Kim and Philip. 


And then Kennedy joined in for some "funny faces"... 


It was just one of those perfect evenings... 

old friends, good food, great company. At one point I think I let it all soak in that this was exactly what I remember from my childhood. Kids playing and laughing and making all kinds of messes and the "grown ups" chiming in everyone once in a while but caught up in great conversation and not wanting the evening to end. 


Thanks for coming to visit, Hartfield family! Our door is always open!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment