10.06.2011

How she does it: Jenni...

First let me just say that I loved all the responses I got from the last post! :) Emails, facebook messages, a few texts and even 2 comments. Moms have a wonderful sisterhood and it's so nice to share in this journey with so many of you! The day I wrote that post I was thinking about all that I do as I was rocking Emmy to sleep. And then I just stopped. 

Stopped thinking. Stopped list making. Stopped planning. 

In that moment, I remembered the "why" of what I (and so many of you) do. We do it for them. Because of them. To love them. We do it because to give them anything less than all of ourselves is not good enough. Not near enough to show them the joy they bring to our lives. And to show Him the gratitude for giving us these tiny little humans that we get to hold, comfort, love and guide through life. 

So, as I take some time to highlight some of my besties I hope you reflect on what awesome mommies, wives, daughters, sisters, friends, and women that each of you are, too!! 

This is Jenni....


We've been besties since 1986 - that's 25 years!! Oh my gosh - we so need an anniversary celebration. She's awesome and well, more like my sister than anyone in the world. She is Emmy's godmother and loves my kids like they were her own. She holds me accountable, lifts me up, celebrates with me, cries with me, laughs with/at me, and well... life wouldn't be the same without her.

I wouldn't say we are polar opposites, but well, we kinda are:
Jenni: Laid back, go with the flow, doesn't shout, easy going, married her HS sweetheart, heart of gold
Katy: Type A, OCD tendency, did not marry her HS sweetheart (but did get a great catch with my college one), heart of gold

 We've been a part of every major event in each other's lives...


Weddings



Babies, new jobs, or just random Saturday shopping trips.

And today, I'd like to tell you how she does it.... 

As a disclaimer, I did not seek permission from any of my friends to "brag" about them. Hope they don't mind. ;)

What she does:

Jenni is a wife to Bryan (Cotton), mommy to Karli (4) and Cooper (8 months), daughter, sister, and friend. She is an elementary school teacher. She is also a "coaches wife"... and if you have never been one or been the best-friend of one, you may not understand all that this entails. This is Texas and Jenni and Cotton live in our hometown, Robinson. So, "small town" Texas. HS sports are kind of a big deal. Cotton is the Varsity Baseball coach (one win away from State title last year) and also an Assistant Varsity Football coach (and I'm sure dabbles in whatever else they need from him, too). 

This means in the fall Cotton is either at practice, scouting a game, coaching a game, or watching the game film. In the Spring, he is either at practice, coaching a game (2 nights/week) or prepping for a tournament. Cotton also happens to be an awesome Daddy, so that helps. :) 

As a teacher, Jenni has to be at school early (7:30-7:45am) but also has to leave in time to get her 2 kiddos (4:00pm). This means that she has to head back up to school some Saturdays to get work done. 

Jenni also helps take care of anyone that needs her. She is an awesome aunt, sister, friend and daughter - helping run errands, shuffle kids, get to doctor's appointments, etc. She runs errands with my mom and her mom almost every Saturday (bless her heart) and smiles while she does it. 

How she does it:

Faith. Family. Friends. 
In that order.

But, she also has some other "tricks" up her sleeve. 

Oh.My.Word. This girl. 
I LOVE how easy going she is. Seriously, "don't sweat the small stuff" should be her motto. Where I am "by the book, create routine, have a schedule, start and stop point"... Jenni is "it will all work out, enjoy the day, have some fun and let it go."

Friday night football game? Ok. Why can't the kids stay up past their "bedtime". It won't hurt them. Let them be kids and have fun. The coaches usually hang out after the game and the kids just come too, falling asleep when they get tired and loving it! 

Birthday party? Well, let's just have everyone over and celebrate. Who needs to spend months on decorations that we are going to throw away? It's about celebrating with family and friends...not about the perfect look. 

She isn't afraid to ask for help and has a great support system around her and Cotton. Her kids are loved by so many and just so happy. And did I mention that they are D-A-R-L-I-N-G. 

Here are some pics I stole from her FB...  



Jenni, you inspire me. You serve as a great reminder to enjoy every bit of crazy that life throws my way. You teach me patience, understanding and set such a wonderful example of leading a faith filled life. Today, I salute all that you do as a mom, wife, sister, daughter and friend. 

I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment