10.11.2011

Project Pinterest...

Doesn't that sound like a divine store? A place that is full of supplies and ready for you to come in and just craft away... I would love to open that store. Anyone want to loan me some money?

Seriously....anyone?

For now, this is what my store looks like... 


Yes it's our dining room table full of my latest HobLob purchases sitting patiently and ready to be molded into the finished project. 

The kids went to visit GiGi and Pops this weekend so Ryan and I had plenty of time to clean out closets, organize rooms, run errands and work on "stuff"! And while I clearly missed them every moment they were gone, man it was nice to just run errands for 5 hours and have no set schedule. 


So the most important project of the weekend was doing a test run of our halloween costumes! We are going as a "super family" and I decided that I would attempt to make costumes. My mom is so proud... she used to be a crafting genius... trying to get her back in to it. 

So when we were purchasing these supplies I was in the fabric section of HobLob (we let Radley pick out cape colors.... he picked brown. BROWN!!! Oh well, he will be adorable and he loves brown). Anyway, back to HobLob... there was a sweet woman in line while I was getting the fabric cut and she asked what I was making. I explained our costumes and she proceeded to give me an "easy" tutorial about how to do a cross-stitch on a back layer of fabric while folding seam to make an easy straight hem so the needle can yadda yadda.... something I don't understand. 

I ever so sweetly replied, "I'm a 'buy-it' kind of Mom. I was thinking about some hot glue and velcro." She wished me luck. 
;)

So, this project starts with this dear friend... 


I purchased 1 yard and a half of some lovely satin (I think) and just folded in half and fabric glued it together. It did leave the glue mark, so I will add rick rack around the edges of our capes. 




For the center with our "super emblems" Radley decided on a circle, lightening bolt and initial. I took some felt and traced a circle... 


Printed out our letters on paper, traced them on some felt as well... 



And the lightening bolt... 



Quasi finished project... 

SUPER MOM! 
(I tried mine first because I didn't mind if it wasn't "perfect")


After this attempt, Ryan tried our double sided iron stitching stuff... works great. He is now in charge of assembling the capes... I will decorate. :)


Here are all our emblems... 


Can't wait to finish these and get Radley and Emmy all dressed up to trick or treat! 





Note: I pledge to purchase a better lens so I can take pictures in low lighting without the flash. These are awful! 

1 comment:

  1. so much better than will's original idea of our fam going as the super friends...he told me i could be the penguin b/c my belly is 'pudgy'!

    ReplyDelete