10.16.2011

Painted pumpkins...

I was doing some research on Pinterest recently and saw tons of posts with painted pumpkins. I LOVED them .... much cuter than anything I could carve and kid friendly! 

So today... we set out to paint some pumpkins. 


Don't those look like some happy kiddos? 

Radley was a great helper and was excited about making his pumpkin black with white polka dots. 


Emmy was excited about touching everything that she wasn't supposed to. 


Eventually she got the hang of it though. 

;)


But then they got bored. 



So off went the clothes and in the jumped to the sandbox. 

Which left this guy to help.
Do you see the joy written all over his face? 

Me too. 


He did a great job taping and painting, though!



Step 1 done. Now to wait for the paint to dry. 

(And, yes, I realize that white pumpkins exist.... but they are much more expensive and this was all about the experience. Sheesh.) 


So, step 2 was all me, so I only have pictures of the finished project. 

The one with "K" was A LOT cuter in my head.


But don't they look marvelous on our porch?

I think I want to do four more!


Close up on the left...
(I have since rotated the striped one so the orange doesn't show)



And on the right... 


I LOVE them! I may add some ribbon to the tops of the dots and stripes... we will see. 

And I just want to write this down so I remember it. We have had the perfect weekend. 

What did I do to be so blessed??
Love you, Ryan. Thank you for making all my dreams come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment