6.18.2013

Golden Super Heros...

Ryan and I decided that it was time for Emmy to participate in her first "activity" outside of school. We picked gymnastics because, well, it's what I know and I think she will love it and be a pretty awesome gymnast. We signed her up for a class that was at the same time as a super hero class for Radley which is always a win-win for my "contained and entertained" philosophy.

Here they are... future Olympian and current Super Hero ready to go!


Now, as outgoing and spunky as Emmy seems in my stories and pictures - it takes her a while to get to that point. I knew that she would be less than thrilled once her sweet coach took her hand to begin class. I also knew that she would opt for taking the stairs over the giant super slide. 

She also promised me she wouldn't cry, so off she went with Coach Sabrina.



Where she sat on her carpet...



And did not move...


at all during the warm up.


Then Sabrina took her hand and that's when she **almost** teared up because she walked into a room where she couldn't see me. But I could certainly see her and something clicked...



And then she looked up and spotted me and I got a smile!!!


From that point on, she ROCKED it! She was laughing, and giggling and having so much fun!


She did awesome and I was super proud of my sweet girl!!!


She was the ONLY kid in her class whose mom didn't have to come down to assist. 

Y'all. 

Well - I won't say anything. 

Except that she's wonderful and can't wait to watch her for the next six weeks! 



Meanwhile, Super Rad was gearing up for his class. 

I died when I saw that they got capes. 

DIED.

And was actually pretty jealous that I couldn't join in the fun.



They scaled walls...


and someone just kept going...



and going...



They went through the crazy tunnels after bad guys...



They played on the rings and then they ended on a high note....



They got all suited up...


and got to "fly!"

(or technically just bounce really really high)

and it was AWESOME!




Excited about Tuesday nights in our house this summer! Be looking out for Emms in the Summer Olympics in 2020 and if you are in danger call on Super Rad anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment