6.27.2013

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Emmy is kind of her own little boss. She listens really well, does what she is asked, takes care of Landry, doesn't pick on Radley too bad, etc... but she is the definite ruler of her roost.

She is impossible to be angry with because, well dang it, she really is cute. I mean, she just is. Her size, her voice, her mannerisms all come together and you can't help but laugh.

She basically lives life with a "who? me?" attitude.

(and I secretly love it).

She is strong minded and tough but considerate and loving.

She likes to pick out her own clothes and shoes, do things on her own time and will let you know how you fit in the picture... all while manipulating you to think that it's all your idea.

She gladly does what she is asked allowing you to walk away and think that you have succeeded.

For instance.

Bed time.

Same routine, every night...

bath, pjs, play, brush teeth, potty, prayers, bed.

I put Emmy to bed first while Ryan is with Radley and then we switch. (L goes to bed about an hour before them).

We walk away patting ourselves on the back for such a great routine.

10 minutes go by and not a peep.

And then....

singing.

From a very tiny voice out of a very tiny person.

I peek around the corner of her room and there she is... STANDING in bed, rocking violet and singing.

(This continues for about 20 minutes almost every night)

We always get some explanation and then tell her to lay down and go to sleep.

But this week, she kept getting up.

I was watching her with an admitted smile on my face, because it is pretty darn cute and then she sees me...

::singing softly and then stops::

"Mommy, kneel down. I singing to Violet and we at church. Be quiet."

Such a good little mischief maker. I mean, how can I argue with church?

No comments:

Post a Comment