1.04.2014

A resolution...

I can not lie. 

Our New Year's Day did not start out so well. The PLAN was to wake up, eat a yummy breakfast, get dressed, meet my parents at Radley at the bowling alley, have lunch, tell my parents bye, nap and then play games and eat dinner. 

What happened was this. 

My girls woke up and weirdos - they basically threw the fresh, soft, yummy, gooey, monkey bread back in our face. See? Weird. So instead they had cereal. 

We did get dressed and meet my parents at the bowling alley at 10am... just like they (the bowling alley people) said it would open. But, IT WAS CLOSED. 

Precisely.

So, I knocked on their doors, told them the situation, and got free stuff from them since my parents had driven "all the way from Waco" for this. 


Instead of eating lunch out (since it was now only 10:15am), we headed back to our house where my children acted like Idon'tknowwhats until they were all in bed taking naps and I declared that I would be cooking nothing but cereal for the next month.

Yep. That. 

Then.... 


They woke up humans again - complete with smiles. And off we went to bowl!

(Side note - I really wanted to buy these shoes for Emmy to wear all the time. Seriously adorable.)



This kid plays like a pro - he strategizes (is that a word?) and is totally out to win.


And then kinda just shrugs when he gets strikes.


This girl does not mess around - she grabs her ball and pushes it down the ramp as hard as she can.


This girl refuses help or the use of the ramp. Her bowling ball barely makes it down the lane. 


But she was an AWESOME game face. And clearly has no use of watching how many pins she knocks down.


This chic is hopeless. But loves it!


And I even got a STRIKE!



When it was all said and done - these were the final scores. Radley won by 3 (with a potential accidental gutter ball and miss on the last two frames from Daddy). Landry almost beat me. 


We had a blast and still have some free passes to use up this month - maybe we'll start a bowling league!


(and in case you were wondering - I was serious about the cereal... but that's a whole different blog post).

Happy 2014!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment