1.30.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Last Saturday I had the amazing honor of serving as Cindy's +1 for the OPAS Gala. (She gets to go to fun things like that for work!) Josh was out of town for a work clinic and well, I am clearly super fun so she asked me and I think before she could really finish asking me I squealed in delight and said "YES YES YES YESYESYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!)

1. I got to dress up
2. I got to eat amazing food from Christopher's
3. I got to drink adult beverages
4. I got to do all of these things with my bestie

In a weird twist of things, Josh actually made it home early. I asked Cindy if she wanted to take him instead and would totally understand if she said yes. But she stuck with me and I was thrilled. (Because I may or may not have started prepping 3 hours early because I was so excited).

Two things you should know about me: I desire to be able to do grown up things like put on make up and fix my hair. I have zero ability to do so.

So little in fact that I pulled out the INSTRUCTION sheet that came with my make-up.


And when I was done I sent selfies to my friends to make sure they thought I didn't look too much like  a raccoon (which I felt I did). I kind of needed some fake eyelashes. 



So. I was finally done getting ready and walked into the kitchen.

Emmy: Oh Mommy! I love your make-up.
Rad: Wow. You put on make-up.
Ryan: (who had been outside) Wow. You put on make-up.

Clearly I don't wear a lot of make-up often. 

I grabbed one last kiss from my crew and Emmy chimed in one more time, "Mommy, you look so pretty. But I think you need a liiiittle more eye-make up." 

Maybe I should re-read the manual. 



1 comment:

  1. Cindy: Your eye makeup looks amazing!

    Thanks for being my +1!

    ReplyDelete