6.20.2014

A day with the girls...

Yesterday was pretty big in our house. Huge actually. A major milestone ... it was the finally the day for Emmy's first hair cut. I know. Weird. She's four and she hasn't had a hair cut, but I can explain. Her hair grew in straight. And those curls. And then she was 2 so I said I wait until she was 3... and then she was 3... and then she was almost 4. And then her hair was long enough that I had to start holding it while she used the restroom, so... yeah. It was time to get it cut!

And since we don't  do many things "small" around here... we made a day of it! Gigi drove down and we took Emmy for a full-fledged girls day. Starting with one of my favorite things, a ladies' lunch. She got to pick the place so "Chic-A-Lay" it was. 


She starts Princess dance camp next week (I know, I can't even stand how cute that sounds) so we needed some shoes. As we were finished trying on her ballet flats, she looks over and says, "Oh, Mommy! Look at those heels!" She was a little sad that we didn't go home with heels, but a sticker from the cashier did the trick. ;)


Then we headed over for a quick pedicure. She of course got glittery toes and hot pink nails. She then insisted that I get the same hot pink on my toes, and I must admit that it was a solid choice!


And then it was time for the big appointment and she could not hide her excitement!


One last shot of those long locks...


She was the hit of the salon and in that moment, she looked so grown up to me. And as I type this, I realize that tomorrow she will look even more grown up. And the next day, and the next... and it just never stops. I'm sure that my mom still looks at ME and says when did she grow up?? (Or when WILL she grow up, eh, Gigi?) And as much as it kills me to think about all the "nexts" ... I know that I will love them as much as I love the right now. As much as I wanted her promise to stay three forever to be true... I just KNOW that she is going to rock at being 4 and 5 and 6 and, well... let's not get crazy, ok?


Now, I have to admit. I freaked out. I couldn't go through with a major trim... I almost couldn't go through with a trim... but Carly was great and took off just enough to make it even up. 
(And maybe not fall in the toilet). 


Her hair was so long that she had to get out of the chair and stand up. 


And then my favorite part of the day happened....when Carly was finished with Emmy, Emmy looked at her and said, "aren't you going to wash my hair?" We both cracked up... I had told Emmy what happens when you get your hair cut, so she was just sticking to the schedule. (My kinda girl!) Miss Jessica was sweet enough to handle Emmy while Carly got started on me and even finished her trip off with a sit under the dryer and "a beautiful braid [Mommy]"! 


I think she really did have the "best girls day ever!" and I am so thankful for it...


and all the nexts that will come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment