6.28.2014

When you're the best of friends...

Having so much fun together
Neither one of you sees your natural boundaries

You're the best of friends...


It's true... sometimes you see besties and you think that they just go together and sometimes you see friends and may wonder how that works. But it doesn't matter, because it does work. And there is laughter and fun and shared stories and secrets. 


I prayed for lots of things for my kids, and still do, but one of the things I pray for most is for them to find friends that lift them up, that support them, that love them, and that make them better. And my prayers were answered. My kids are surrounded by people that do just that and more.



And, my children do the same for them. They bring out the best in each other and laugh and giggle and protect and claim them as their own. They are each other's people. And they know it. 


And if that wasn't enough, my kids' best-friends are our best-friends' kids. 

My kids' BEST-FRIENDS are our best-friends' kids. 


Even on the simplest mornings, doing the simplest things their days are awesome as long as they are together. They insist on buddying up. They even sometimes let Radley do what he wants. 



They have long thoughtful conversations about things like the World Cup or their favorite capri sun flavor.


And as the conversations get deeper and the hills get harder to climb...


I am so glad that they will have their people beside them every step of the way.


1 comment: