6.12.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

I have (another) confession to make.

I stress out about silly things.

Like birthday parties.

The 30 minutes before ANY party and I am basically useless until the first guest arrives and then I'm fine. Maybe I'm afraid no one is going to show up. I mean, its silly, but I am. I am a WRECK. Have been this way as long as I can remember (which is a long time).

So on Saturday before Emmy's party, I looked at Ryan and gave him the "I am a nervous wreck for the next 30 minutes" speech that he loves hearing. He was aware.

So, we are unloading the car and I take out the cake. The manager of the pool hasn't arrive yet (let's not get me started) so I go with it, set down the cake, and head back to the car.

I come back to see Emmy "gently" putting the cake down only to realize she had DROPPED the cake.

The grocery store cake of Teen Beach Movie characters that SHE requested.

She could see my frustration and gives me an oh-so-genuine...

Sooorr---reeee.

I keep looking.

I said sooorr-reeee. I mean, I did it on PURPOSE.

Yeah, she gets those words mixed up.

(or does she....)


No comments:

Post a Comment