10.21.2017

House guests...

My kids love sleepovers. They love going to them. They love having them. They basically just enjoy the "out of ordinary" experience of it all... even if it's just going to Gigi and Pops - they LOVE it! So, they were especially excited when I told them that two of their favorite friends were spending the night...

ON A SCHOOL NIGHT!

Holy cow - cue all the squeals. 

Thursday afternoon finally rolled around and we got all loaded up. This is the moment I looked in my rear view mirror and thought, "When did I become the person IN CHARGE of other people!?!"


We made our way home, worked on homework, ate ALLLLLL the snacks, and then loaded back up for gymnastics. Liv's older sister is basically a gym pro, so I was worried she wouldn't be too impressed with L's class, but she loved it!


Well, and Emmy brought along PLENTY of supplies to keep them busy for 45 minutes. I even pulled out all the "cool mom" tricks and made a paper football for me and Jack. (And not that we're keeping score, but I won the series 3-2.)


Special occasion sleepovers call for special occasion snacks - even if it's a school night. The P's **may** stay up a tad bit later than my kids, so we compromised and let them all stay awake until 9pm. 

Jack: But Miss King... Emmy said when people spend the night they get to stay up until midnight...
Emmy: We doooooooooo
Me: That was once. On a Saturday. In the summer. 

;) 

The popcorn and m&ms made them happy enough!



And yes, we pulled out the matching Christmas jammies from the top of the closet so they could look like Liv!


I was pleasantly surprised by how easy the morning went ... teeth brushed, kids dressed, bodies fed all by 7:15!


I shipped the big kids off with Ryan so I could drop Liv at our beloved WDS all by myself! I got a little sad walking in and then totally wanted to stop all the newbies and ask, "do you even go here?" but I realized that I'm the hasbeen in this phase of life! Ha! 


P's - you're welcome back anytime! And you can even bring the other two with you! I mean, what's 2 more when you already have 5!



No comments:

Post a Comment