10.28.2017

Red Ribbon Week...


Schools all across the lands of College Station were celebrating Red Ribbon Week last week. You know, the week that educates our youth on all the negative effects of drugs and alcohol through the wearing of themed clothing that pretty much has nothing to do with drugs and alcohol.  If you'd like to see how moms EVERYWHERE feel about this time honored tradition, watch this

Monday:

They were "RED"dy to say "NO" to drugs! (Well, Emmy was ready to move on to the phase of her life where fashion is more important than a theme day...)


Tuesday

What? You can't tell that the days theme was TEAM up against drugs!
.
Rad - Cavalry Soccer/Cubbies tee
L - Pops' Tigers and Aggie shorts (bc I wuv bof, Mommy)
E - CHE Tiger Cubs with added flair (bc Emmy!)


Wednesday

We give drugs THE BOOT! (Radley gave drugs the lesser known indoor soccer shoes so he was not pictured). 


Thursday

I can't remember if they were on the hunt for drug users or hiding from them... either way they were supposed to wear camo and this is as good as it gets in our house. Perhaps I'm not as Texan as I claim to be!


Friday

Show good CHARACTER and just say NO!

My FAVORITE day of the week and one of my favorite days of the year - the Book Character Parade! We try to stick to characters of books that they are loving at the moment so I present...

Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Amelia Bedelia (circa 2017), and Eloise at the Plaza


I took the morning off to stay for the parade and snagged some pre-parade shots of my favorite characters... 



Rad and one of his buddies both picked DOAWK so he talked his friend into being a different character as him...



I love seeing her smile with her new friends!


And as usual, the parade kicked off with our local fire station...



and former College Hills kiddos from AMCHS!


Y'all - the staff completely knock it out of the park for this day!


And the kids do a pretty great job, too!



4th Grade staff were 101 Dalmations and Ms. Cook was the cutest!


I need to borrow this wig from Kayla!


The office staff went with Snow White and Mr. Hatfield was "Doc"...



3rd grade teachers captured the Magic School Bus...


complete with an awesome Ms. Frizzle!



She really wants us to move to the Plaza...


I agree with her life choices! :) 


And then Kindergarten rounded out the show with the CUTEST tiniest readers of all!



I mean, can you even with the cute?!?!?!


Amelia Bedelia is known for her spice cake, so Landry thought to bring this favorite toy as a prop!



And that rounded out another successful Red Ribbon Week... Rad's last one as a Tiger Cub.


So now I'm going to grab some tissues because...

this school HAS taught him about character. Through friendships and love of learning and through lots and lots of reading, he's learned so many things. From facts about sharks and visiting historical events through a magic treehouse, to being silly and learning about loyalty and friendship and bravery and truth. I've watched him flourish through the safety of these walls and through the joy of watching pages come to life... one kid down these hallowed halls... how do I push reset? 

No comments:

Post a Comment