5.10.2018

For the boys...


Ryan has a big birthday coming up... and I have bled my brain dry thinking of what to get him. We're at the age where if we want or need something, we just get it. And if we don't, it's because we can't afford it! HA! So when I sat and really thought about what to do for him, I kept coming back to what he has done for me. 

He is a yes husband. 

Let's drive 1000s of miles to hit all 50 states - yes.
I want to go on a girls weekend with friends - yes.
Can you drag a bed out into an orchard in May, put it together, make the bed and then smile and take pictures - yes.
Here are all the matching clothes you need for Disney - yes. 
Will you bring me a glass of water - yes. 
But I'm in the kitchen and you're in our room - still yes.

(Seriously, I should be nicer to him). 

Yes.
Yes.
Yes. 


I wanted to do something that shows him I recognize all the times he says yes and all the ways I want to say yes even though he never asks.

So... I planned a little pre-birthday guys weekend for him and y'all... he was so adorably excited!


I don't know that I've seen him more relaxed or content in years. AND, because he's such a darling husband, he made sure to send me texts and updates because he knew I'd want to document the weekend. 


They apparently did a whole bunch of nothing... that included a morning of golf... 


an afternoon on a boat... 


a later afternoon of naps and then some late night poker and pizza. 


He even made it home in time for lunch for my dad's birthday because... yes. 

A thousand times yes. A thousand different ways a million different times. 

Here's to saying yes to celebrating you, Ryan... today and always. I love you ... happy early birthday... can't wait to keep the celebration going!

No comments:

Post a Comment