1.18.2011

When I grow up....


I used to think that I would have a house straight out of a Pottery Barn magazine 
when I was "all grown up"...

Instead, I have a home that is lived in, full of love and life and sticky fingers. Instead, we have furniture that our cats love a little too much. It's full of fur and broken in just enough to be comfortable but not enough to be worn out. We have pieces of new mixed in with really old antiques. We have some rooms that are decorated perfectly (the kids) and others that are just thrown together (the rest of the house).

Instead of having everything perfectly in place, every where I turn I see subtle signs that Ryan and I share this home....


With a little boy that has a favorite vest and hat...


and his favorite pair of "Lightenin" shoes...


A home that has baby monitors mixed in with blankets... 


Spiderman with a the Polo Man... 


A pink dog foot trying to escape the end table...


And toys peaking out behind couches...

Yes. Our home is far from those images in Pottery Barn. But I'll take a counter top full of sticky finger prints over that any day of the week. Especially when the culprits also leave their finger prints straight onto my heart... 



1 comment: