6.06.2012

Back in the saddle again {again}...

You may remember this post on my return to work from maternity leave with Emmy. I can't believe that in that time I've had another baby and am back at work again{again}!!

I returned to work on an atypical day for the Kings. Ryan had to be at UPS for a manager meeting at 6:30am so I had drop off duty for the big kids. It actually got me up and going and ready to start the day, but it would have been nice to have him there to see me off. 

But no worries - GiGi is in town watching Landry/helping me/being the best mom ever!  I left right after I put Landry down for her morning nap.


 

Then I grabbed the 3 essentials: big kids; bestie (you remember, Pumpy Brewster); and work bag.


We may have been all smiles, but this is what I was really feeling... 


The day actually wasn't so bad. I grabbed breakfast alone at Chick Fil A and gathered my thoughts, headed into work and was welcomed by fun students and colleagues. I went home for lunch to feed Landry and then headed back up to work for an afternoon of board games and desserts (once a week my office does a social hour in the afternoon, which may extend beyond 60 minutes). Ryan was able to pick up the kids and we were all home for a delicious dinner.

Like all working moms I worry if I'm doing the right thing. If me being away from them makes me a bad mom. But, I still feel the same way I did in 2010...working makes me a better mom for them. It teaches me, challenges me, allows me to do what I'm passionate about and makes me appreciate every single minute (good, bad, rowdy and calm) spent with them. 

I think in the "mom wars" that we play with ourselves, I must remember that we all do the best we can. We all do what works for us. We all give as much as we can to our kids. 



No comments:

Post a Comment