6.05.2012

Can you keep a secret...

That was the subject line of this email I sent to Miss Sarah Giles 9(ish) months ago....

Hey friend!

Just wanted to see when you thought Emmy's 1 year CD would be ready. I was hoping that you could drop it off when I'm around so I could twist your arm to take a few pics of a set of 5 crowns. :) Yep... FIVE.

Are you shocked? Because Ryan and I kinda are! :) Funny crazy story but the moral is that God makes plans way better than we could! Obviously not sharing with anyone, so feel special because you know first! We are right at the 9 week mark so we are just praying that all stays as it should - we got to see the heartbeat yesterday which is always amazing!

Took a stab at making a crown this weekend, but honestly may need your craft expertise!

Let me know what you're thinking...

That email lead to a late night crafting extravaganza that created these five crowns... 

(I can't wait to take the after of this shot when Landry is 1 year old.)

Seven{ish}months later, Sarah once again captured our story...

Me and Landry...





We 5 Kings...



 My sweet BIG boy and fabulous BIG brother...


Our itty bitty BIG sister...


The King and I....



I **think** I like him. 


Ours truly is a fairy tale. I've been thinking about that a lot lately.

Then two{ish} months later, Sarah was there once again as we welcomed Miss Lillian Landry King into our lives... 


(Daddy had the pink balloons inside the nursery).


I look at these pictures and can't believe how blessed I am.


My sappiness today comes from the end of my maternity leave. It seems harder this time and I'm not sure why. Maybe because this is the last time, or maybe because I'm so much older and wiser than I was a mere 4 years ago. Maybe it's because I look at this picture above and know that I'm a lucky one. 


It has been a wonderful 13 weeks at home. Spending time with Landry and holding her as long as I could. 


Watching her grow and thrive and knowing that I am given this one chance to impact her life. Did I do my best these past 13 weeks? Do I do my best always? Did I comfort her? Could I have held her longer? And the biggest question... What am I doing going to work? 


It seems like just yesterday we were in room 345 welcoming her into our crazy kingdom.


Just yesterday she was introduced to the sites and sounds of our family.


Just yesterday being told she was beautiful for the first of many times by her daddy. 


Just yesterday her GiGi and Pops started spoiling her. 


Just yesterday she started her life. It was just her. And me. 
In this together. 

And we still are, sweet girl. 


I promise to be with you every step of the way. I promise to lead by example and show you what a strong, independent(ish), loving woman is. I will show you why getting an education is important, giving back to your community is worthwhile and that if you choose to work while raising a family - it doesn't mean that you don't love your kids. I will {hopefully} show you and your siblings what it means to prioritize and balance - keeping things in order of Him, him, and kids. 


I want you to know all the wonderful, beautiful and sometimes painful things that life can bring you. I want to keep you little forever. I want you to always smile when I, your dad or your siblings walk in a room. I want your legs to kick with excitement when you're happy. I pray that you squeal with delight always. I want you to know what a blessing you are to each of us. 

Today is hard. Today is the first time I have to let you go and trust that you will be "ok" without me. I had to do it with your brother and your sister and they thrive and I know you will, too. But it never gets easier to let you go and it never will. 

Love you sweet, Landry!





And I promise to take a *few* pics along the way.




Thanks, Sarah. For being there for our precious moments. 
You are much more than a photographer to the Kings...you help write our story and I am forever grateful. 
 :)

1 comment:

  1. Katy, you truly have a way with words!! Wonderful post, my friend. Had me all teary....even ALMOST made me want another baby. Fantastic pictures of your beautiful family too. LOVE you all and wishing you the fastest day ever back at work.

    ReplyDelete