6.03.2012

Itty bitty Betty Crocker...

Emmy got to spend all day on Thursday with me and Landry at home. She had her two year pictures with the lovely Sarah Giles that morning and it didn't make any sense to send her to school. It was the first of many days with "the girls"! :) 

{Side note: I can't tell you how excited I am about these pictures - they are going to be ADORABLE!!}

We have "brinner" (breakfast for dinner) almost once a week. It is one of our favorite meals and varies from pancakes to biscuits to casserole. This night I was making blueberry, banana and plain pancakes, cheesy eggs and grits. Emersyn was very eager to help me mix the pancake batter so I gave her a bowl of her own. 


Remember all those distractions I was talking about? Well, add flour, plastic bowl and spoon to the must have list. 


She had the best time helping me and was so proud of herself. 



She kept looking up and saying "Help Mommy! See!"


She must have emptied that bowl 5 times at least. 


But I didn't mind cleaning up her mess. I have to thank my mom for giving me a **tiny** bit of a relaxed attitude in the kitchen. No mess is too big for her - she let us go crazy as kids. And while I may be slightly more rigid than that - I love watching them explore through cooking. 



And when we were done, we had 3 bowls of some of the yummies pancake batter you've tasted!



Love my sweet girl (and her crazy bed head)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment