6.07.2012

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!

Happy Birthday, Estelle Emersyn King!!!

You are TWO years old today and this is what you have been up to...

Well, in case you couldn't tell, you are still a doll. A precious, joyful, independent, funny, silly, adorable doll! And, still a petite little girl. I was eerily on top of things and you had your well check appointment this morning. 

Height: 32 inches (10th percentile)
Weight: 22 lbs (10th percentile)
Head Circumference: 47cm (15th percentile)

Dr. Henderson said that you are just tiny and beautiful and healthy as can be. We got some advice on what to do with your eczema but other than that you are perfect! (or at least I like to think so).




The biggest news for you this month is your self-initiated move to your big girl bed. Every time I walk in there and see you sleeping is such a bittersweet moment. I love watching you grown into a big girl but would be happy if you stayed this small forever. 

You are also finally finding your voice and repeating what everyone is saying. I don't know who is happier, me, Daddy or Radley! He is such a good little teacher and big brother and you do anything he does...or at least you try! You LOVE him. The giggles that I hear from you two are some of the sweetest sounds a momma can hear and it won't be long until Landry joins in. 

Speaking of Miss L... you have become quite the big sister. You would hold her all day long if I let you. You kiss her any chance you get and are a pro at finding the paci when she cries. You try to play with her to no avail, but just be patient and she will. ;)


Your favorite color is pink and you can spot anything pink from a mile away. PIIIIIINK. is heard lots. You love playing with the brown bear puzzles and telling us the animals and colors of each one. Books are a favorite past time and I think Minnie Mouse would be your bestie if she was real.

You love playing with your dolls. It amazes me. You just instinctively are drawn to them with no real encouragement from any of us. Violet is your favorite followed by "Little baby". You use wash cloths as blankets for them no matter how hard we try to get you to use an actual blanket. I guess a wash cloth is the more appropriate size for a baby doll, but it's just so funny. Especially when you want to blow your nose and then just put it right back on the baby. Ha!

 You are obsessed with shoes. OB.Sessed. You try to pick out the pair you would like to wear each day and maybe sometimes throw a giant fit are displeased when Mommy doesn't agree.  

Flip flops are your shoe of choice. Just like me.



Oh sweet girl, you are growing so fast. It seems like you were just my tiny 6 lb baby. I promise to show you all the fun life has to offer. I will let you get the kitchen messy. And play in the rain. And eat cookies in the morning (sometimes). I promise to teach you that life is beautiful - even when its painful. That He always serves as your guide. I promise to let you pick out your own clothes when you're 12. I will paint your toe nails and run your baths and host the best slumber parties for you and your friends. And if you want to wear red high heels to prom one day, I will buy you some (even if they cost more than the dress).

I will remember this picture always. Knowing that it's my shoes you will follow. That my feet may guide me, but that your feet will follow the path I create. 

Happy birthday, Emersyn King. 

We LOVE you!!! 



2 comments:

  1. Absolutley precious, that last picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious!!! you have sweet beautiful kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete