12.17.2013

12 days countdown (12. 11, 10...)


What good Aggie doesn't stick a tradition once it has been established? ;)

In keeping with tradition, we started our 12 days of Christmas activities, which may or may not be exactly the same extremely similar to last years.

Only 12 days until Christmas - Write letters to Santa and mail them to the North Pole!!


Emmy - Dear Santa, Please bring me a pink dress and a pincess microphone. (Because she needs help amplifying her voice). 

Landry - Dear Santa, Please bring me the love and joy of Christ all year long. (Ok, maybe she didn't write that).

Radley - Dear Santa, Please bring me a toy car. And a toy knife to sharpen my pencils. And a dump truck. And an iPad for my family. And a toy clock. And an iphone for my family. I love you. I love God. And please bring me a an Alfie that I can touch. I love God. (He did write that.) 


They all wanted to put their letter in our magical mail box and send them off to Santa!


I love this mailbox...probably one of my favorite decorations I own. I had decided that it wasn't a necessary purchase and Bonnie surprised me and bought it behind my back and I am so glad she did!


Only 11 days until Christmas - Pick a Christmas movie to watch and enjoy popcorn and M&Ms. 

No picture but if you don't eat M&Ms with your popcorn you are missing out! Trust me - throw some in there and you will be amazed!!

Only 10 days until Christmas - Go see the world's largest gingerbread house with the HMMs. 
Our morning started normal... we opened our surprise for the day and the kids were so excited to go the HMMs for their annual tea party and gingerbread house. 

We snapped a pic of some Sunday sweetness before church
(please note the stockings)...


followed by church, errands, and then I got to hang out with this cutie and snap a few pics for her baby announcement. 



And then things took a turn.

Those cute stockings in that picture? Well, they are usually not hanging there  because small hands can grab them and get injured. But we hung them up for the picture. And we forgot to take them down. And small hands grabbed the stockings. And then experienced her first trip to the ER.

(More for Daddy's nerves than anything else).

We left with a smiling baby and no stitches. (Thank you Lord). 



Then we got the call that one of the HMMs was also pretty sick, so our plans were altered and we colored gingerbread men, made cereal for dinner and took a tour of lights in a new neighborhood. 



Whew. WHAT.A.DAY. 







No comments:

Post a Comment