12.05.2013

Tiny Tales Thursday...

We all have our best-friends. I am a lucky one in that I've had my best-friends since I was a child. And I'm even luckier that I have made new best-friends throughout life.

Well, Emersyn has decided that I am her best-friend.

And it's the most adorable thing you could ever think to hear or see.

I am greeted with "hi, best-friend." Lots.

She also uses it against me as a tactic and threat when she is being disciplined.

And I try not to laugh.

Me: Emersyn. Keep your hands to yourself. If you can't do that then you can go to your room.
Emmy: ::stomping to room:: Fine. But you not my best-friend anymore!!!
Me: Ok.

Me: Emmy - please quit playing at the table.
Emmy: ::continuing to play at table::
Me: Emmy - would you like to eat dinner in your room?
Emmy: No. You no my best-friend anymore!!
Me: Ok.

She takes this role very seriously.

The other night we were getting ready to leave Santa's Wonderland and Cindy and I wanted to take a picture. We let Radley and Caroline stay with us while Josh and Ryan took the littles to the car. When I got back to our car Emmy was in full on pout mode.

::Emmy with hands folded in car::

Me: Emmy, what's wrong?
Emmy: But. But. But. I-i-i your best buddy. Not Radley. Why he get to stay with you?

And then my heart melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment