12.10.2013

Showtime...

 Tonight was the annual Christmas Program at the Weekday School and Emersyn was the only King Kiddo performing. I felt a little strange about that, but Emmy was so excited to sing and looked pretty darn adorable waiting her turn. I love all the bows that were peeking above the pews. 


First up were the sweet cheeks from Bumblebees and Promises which meant that Millicent was performing. Now THAT was crazy. When did she become so big?? 

We have some seriously cute kiddos. 
(Yes, I claim her as one of mine.)



And sweet Jillian got to show off her singing skills too, which means the Acostas are also in the "big kid" stage of life. 



As the littles were wrapping up their stint on stage, Landry began to get nervous for big sister.
;)


Emmy was ready to go!


And Radley was off with this old crew - not paying attention. Living it up in the balcony like big kids get to do. Watching him oddly reminded me of Robinson basketball games when I was in middle school. Mom would let me go hang out with my friends and be on my own and that was the BEST! We would hang out under bleachers stuffing ourselves with pickles and candy and checked in every now and then just so our parents knew we were still in the premises.

Crazy to believe that I'm on the other side of that now.


Sunshine and Friendship were all set up and ready to go and she could not have been more excited!



And Anna was all smiles too!
(I may or may not have "loud whispered" and told her to smile for this - I am totally THAT mom.)


And they did GREAT! 


I'm not sure if you remember last year's tiny incident where Emmy was doing her thing and then fell and lost it. Well, she slipped again this year (she must get that from Ryan ;)) but just shouted sang right through it.


 She was such a ham (she must get that from me) and was clearly comfortable in front of an audience. 



As proud as I am of her confidence, I was so happy to see her have so much fun with her classmates and teachers. I hope that she always loves her days as much as she does right now. 


May she always takes the time to giggle in the moment and rejoice in the present. 


And most of all that she always cheers herself on and listens to the voice in her own head that lets her know just how incredible she is!



And if she loses site of that, she can always count on her cheering section!


So proud of you, sweet girl!


Next year you'll be sharing the stage with this one... watch out world!



No comments:

Post a Comment