12.02.2013

Christmas cheer...

Y'all.

I LOVE Thanksgiving.

But I'm not going to lie - it being so late totally messed with my love for all things Christmas, too. We have a hard and fast rule of no Christmas decos until after Thanksgiving. The kids were BEGGING to wear their "Christmas clothes" and pjs... so much so that I finally caved, but only if they stayed indoors. At our house. 

See, crazy?

So, as much as I love and adore Turkey Day, we were so excited to bring out the boxes and start creating cheer! Radley was basically ripping open the boxes to get those lights up. Last year we kept blowing the breaker so Ryan even had an electrician come to check the wires. Fingers crossed that this smile gets to stay on his face. 


Once the outside was done and the girls were awake from naps, we finally got to trim the tree... do you see these smiles??? I {love} when their faces light up like this. 



I have taken over my momma's role of being the ornament distributor to my sweet elves. They then work tirelessly to find the perfect spot for each one which usually ends up right on top of an ornament that placed 2 seconds earlier. 

Unlike my momma, I may or may not rearrange from time to time. 
;)


Each year the kids get a new ornament. There is no set rule on what the ornament is other than it has to "match" the Christmas tree feel. My mom and I found these and I loved them! (If you can't tell they are cute little stars with a burlap tag that says "believe")  "Believe" - that word carries such great meaning. We are believers...through and through. And we are thankful that we get to spend a month celebrating the season that allows us to believe in something at all.




Such a fun way to kick off the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment