12.13.2013

Christmas with the Kings...

Merry Christmas and welcome to everyone visiting from Kelly's Korner!

So glad you could drop by! :)

I was really excited that she was hosting because it gave me a legitimate excuse to take all these pics, when the truth is I would have done it anyway! Ever since I can remember, we've been taking pictures of our Christmas decorations. Christmas was every where at our house growing up and my mom would video tape my brothers and I giving a tour of our home and then send the tapes to our grandparents. 

I love this time of year - our home just radiates comfort to me. So come on in, and enjoy! 



Most of things we have collected over the years have huge sentimental value. Our Willow Tree manger scene was a gift from my mom our first married Christmas. Those village houses belonged to my Grandmother - it seemed like she had 100s, so we all split them up when she passed away. I took three so that each my kiddos then gets one. 


And of course our tree. I love our tree and the story that she tells. I also love packages wrapped in brown paper - we try to stay pretty simple around here. I also refuse to pay a ton of money for a tree skirt, so we just use table cloths. HA! 


I spend hours and hours each Christmas season sitting on our giant green couch, reading books, typing blog posts, addressing Christmas letters, watching silly movies, and snuggling with the kiddos. It is by far my most favorite place to be. 

Ryan and I have even been known to just camp out on the couch in front of the fire for the night. Many nights - because it is so cozy. :)

I had a "helper" when trying to take all the pics. He kept moving objects like laundry and plates of food out of the way. But he did get one photo bomb in. 

Well played, Radley, well played. 


One of our favorite things about our home is all the built ins - mainly because we have so much stuff! They are perfect for this time of year!


We display all the Santa pics from over the years....


and our sentimental keepsakes. We got a snowman family as a gift the year Radley was born from one of my students so each time we added a kiddo, we added a family.
(There were slim pickings Emmy's year - but I do love that the brother is holding the baby).



We also have all of Fely's old decorations. One year I will display EVERYTHING - and it will take an entire year to set up. For now, we  stick with Ryan's child hood favorites like her collection of Santa Clauses, nutcrackers and cook books. 



And we have tons of stuff to keep us occupied at home! Books, toys, and a ridiculous amount of Christmas movies. It's basically how we should live all year long. 


Our kids definitely get in the Christmas spirit. I let Radley and Emmy pick out bathroom decor one year and they went with the blue reindeer. 

Each of them have their own tree and manger scene in their room as well. 


And they also get a "Charlie Brown" tree in our family room! This is the portion of our decor that makes me shudder and giggle all at the same time. We hang all their handmade school projects here {love} and also keep the collection of obnoxious singing machines here (thanks, Gigi!). It's their favorite part of the house!

(And I also keep presents that leave the house here so it's easy to grab!)


I scored this fun tree for $2 at Target last year. AND I LOVE IT!

Isn't it funny what we like? And that fun sign was not needed, but it was made in the USA so we had to buy it!


And  I just realized I never loaded my other pictures so here is the awkward ending to an unfinished tour! (Swing back by for an update!)

What is your favorite part of the season? What makes your home your favorite place to be?




No comments:

Post a Comment