5.12.2014

Being Mommy...

"Being Mommy". What does that mean to me? I have written tons of blog posts that carry that label, varying from recipes, to play dates, to sick kiddos, to mistakes, to successes, to... you get the idea. 

Being Mommy is everything. Being Mommy is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever take on. Being Mommy is also the most rewarding job I will ever have. Being Mommy is an undeserved honor that I get to carry for the rest of my life. Being Mommy means doing what I can so that they 1. Love Jesus 2. Love each other 3. Know that their Daddy and I love THEM unconditionally. 

Being Mommy is awesome. Especially when I get to BE Mommy to these three.... 


We had a great day celebrating our family - because let's face it... being Mommy wouldn't exist if it weren't for them! I did get to decide the agenda which included church, a pic with the kiddos (see above), and an afternoon at the exclusive Lake Bryan. 


And once again, as SOON as we got settled I looked at Ryan and said, "why don't we just do this every weekend!?!" 


The kids had a blast - even in that COLD water. Because, y'all it was freezing. I almost peed my pants when Emmy poured a bucket of water on my feet.

#mommyproblems


Being Mommy also means that I was ecstatic that these suits still fit the girls! I was worried about L's since it is a 6-12 month, but since we lost the diaper this weekend (!), it fit swimmingly. 

#punintended


Being Mommy means buying him a shark swim shirt and leaving it in his room to discover "just because" he is obsessed with sharks. 


Being Mommy means taking 1000 of the same pictures because you want to get every moment of happy that they create. 


Being Mommy means that you get the BEST views no matter where you sit, because your eyes are always on the same precious scenes.


Being Mommy means getting to read your unfinished book while Daddy takes over camera duty.

Being Mommy means laughing when the baby photobombs a pic. 


Being Mommy means sitting still and soaking it all in.

(Sometimes)


Being Mommy means knowing exactly what it means for your heart to grow in order to fill the amount of love created for each child. 


Being Mommy means sitting in awe at the beautiful creatures that God gave you the honor of protecting. 


Being Mommy means spending your days making sure they are happy living theirs. 


Being Mommy means more than one blog post can explain.

Being Mommy is an honor and a privilege, and I am forever thankful that I get to be their Mommy.





No comments:

Post a Comment