5.16.2014

InstaKings...

Here is the last couple of weeks from my phone.

Leadership transitions is always an exciting time at work. Each year the new team brings their fresh excitement and ideas and enthusiasm to work. We always host a "May Day" at the Vice President's home and by the end of the day we are ready to take on the world.

(Or the next year's worth of work. Whatever.)


We are pretty much in "fancy face" mode all day, every day around here. Emmy can rock a pair of heels like nobody's business. And Landry pulls off a hat and petticoat like a champ.


This kid is a grown up.

It's true. 

In the past two weeks she has said bye to her paci and her pull-ups. In basically a day. She's a cold turkey kind of girl and we are super duper proud of her.

(And also heartbroken that our baby is growing up.)


More proof? By how smitten and protective she was of Graham. She basically wanted to put him in her pocket.


And then I wanted to kidnap him so that his parents would just move here already. 


After Baby G's sweet visit, they decided to get started on my Mother's Day tribute and shine the floors. I basically need them to always love to clean the house as much as they do now.


I had the best Mother's Day with the ones that bring to life my role of being mommy.


Seriously. If we just treated every single day like it was special, I bet we would have a ton more fun and a lot less stress. Even if it meant driving to the icky local power plant lake for an afternoon of cheap fun. 


And when it's followed up by this for lunch, well... #amen.


We are pretty sure the Pops and Gigi got confused by what our team colors are. They keep bringing us all these weird purple and gold shirts. 

#backupschool #weloveit


I have a few top moments of my time in Aggieland and this visit is high up on that list. One of my lifelong besties' oldest kiddo has decided that A&M is the place for him and I am PUMPED. Michael was all of our "first kid" since we were kids ourselves when he arrived. He has grown into an awesome, smart, kind, generous, hard working young man and I couldn't be more proud of him. Can't wait to see him all the time in Aggieland!


This one is definitely my mini-me. She needs me to be close enough to be in her sight but is still totally cool with being in her own little world. She gives the best hugs and kisses and her adorable "I luh yew" is heart stopping. I hope she always thinks I am this cool.


While part of my week was filled with a new favorite moment in Aggieland, I ended on a selfish sad moment when I had to say goodbye to Amber. We ended our near decade long era of being down the hall/across the hall/in the room work buddies and I am not sure what I am going to do with myself. I am thrilled that she is staying in Aggieland and so happy for her new opportunity but I am also so selfishly sad that my day won't be filled with our random conversations. 


And that's us in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment