5.08.2014

InstaKings...

And here is another edition of InstaKings.

#Iwillfinallybeuptodatefrommyphone


This little beauty popped up in my Instagram feed from a dear childhood friend, Shawn (far left). We all took cheerleading from the quintessential cheerleaders, Suzy Sandoff. She was amazing and kind and LOVED girls in pigtails. In fact we were REQUIRED to wear our hair in pigtails. AND she loved us so much that when we got married, every girl in her classes served as junior bridesmaids. She made us feel so big and special and she was awesome. 

Almost as awesome as the fact that Radley and I are identical twins. 



Moments like this totally prove why we don't need any more stuff. White wrapping paper, the floor, some tape to hold it down and crayons and these kids are happy for an hour. 

So why do I keep buying toys??? 

#downwithSWDN


Emmy has had a cough for about 2-3 weeks and it sounds awful. She hasn't had a fever but her nose is constantly running and she started getting these horrible dark circles under her eyes. So I let her skip school last week and we made a doctor appointment.

She was clearly upset about it.

We saw the PA - who was lovely, Emmy adored her - and she sent us to Walgreens for Children's Claritin. Y'all. This stuff is amazing. A chewable tablet and much less allergy symptoms.

#momapproved


We had our last soccer game of the season and ended on a win with this kid scoring four goals! He really does such a great job and I am so proud of how hard he hustles!


We then had our first of MANY (I'm sure) Frozen birthday parties. And, I must admit that they looked pretty dern cute!


I've written about our fabulous neighbors and how excited we are to have them on our street. Well, Maegan and I were on a mission to meet the rest of our street, too. We held our first WF Fiesta (street name withheld for safety) (I was being sarcastic) (but there are crazy people out there) and had an absolute BLAST!

Ms. Geri was voted favorite guest and best dressed. She is seriously who I want to be when I am in my most mature years - funny, sharp, polite, trendy and still able to throw back some margs. I have already received a hand written thank you note on Crane stationery which makes her that much more lovely.

Seriously - get to know your neighbors people!



We ended our weekend with some fun in the sun that include free labor. By the end of Sunday both of our cars were shiny and clean with a request to do it again next weekend!


So I am a little late in getting Emmy's birthday party invites out. (Jenni, aren't you proud?!) And, as I was getting them prepped for her classmates, I decided that it was only right if I saved a few trees and decided not to use envelopes. #conservationist



This week was Teacher Appreciation Week and we happily wanted to show our gratitude to all of the men and women that take care of our kiddos day in and day out. Mad props to Ryan for baking 16 loaves of banana bread! 


My Monday's #ootd was vintage Gigi. I'm pretty sure this skirt is as old as me but I haven't gotten as many compliments on an outfit as I did this day in like... ever. 

(And in case you are worried, I am neither a stork or a pirate)


And then this happened. I have big hopes for this.


So basically my work world is about to be upended. My partner-in-crime, FNF, across the hall for the past 8 years, counselor, friend, cheerleader, shoulder to cry on friend, got a new job. And I am OVERJOYED for her. But I am also SO SO SO selfishly sad that I won't have her by my side for 30+ hours each week. 


And if Amber leaving me wasn't enough, our sweet sitter is moving this weekend! Luckily she will be close by in the fall and will hopefully be up for a visit every now and then! 


And that's us in an instant!



No comments:

Post a Comment