5.08.2014

Brusha brusha brusha...

A couple of weeks ago we had a big milestone... Emmy had her first dentists visit! We had such success with waiting until Radley was almost 4 that we did the same for Emmy. Y'all. She was so excited for this - she even requested that I bring her a dress to wear so she looked pretty. 

So of course I did and of course she looked adorable. 


I love that kids aren't afraid to celebrate the big and small of life. She was genuinely thrilled that this was the day she got to do something like a big kid. She was so proud and happy and eager. And I think it's our job to encourage that and to model that. The ease with which we can and do dismiss the every day is just sad. We can just go through the hours and never stop to be grateful. In fact, we can complain, and get frustrated and annoyed with the nuance of small things. But, aren't the small things just as important as the big things? Maybe even more so? Every single day we get the gift of right now moments and I love the gentle reminder that I get from seeing my kids celebrate those. 

Radley served his big brother role nicely by volunteering to go first in case Emmy had any last minute jitters. (And he got another thumbs up visit). 


Then it was time for little miss.


And she did great! She picked bubblegum toothpaste and was excited to have her "teeth tickled" as Miss Beth called it.


She also really loved the rinser and "mister sucker". 


And then her teeth were "spawkly clean"!


They got their prizes - Radley got a ring and Emmy got a ball.



So they traded.
;)


And like most milestones... they moment passes quickly. She was done and one more thing was crossed off the list of growing up, and I was standing there doing my best to capture that "right now moment". And it may be silly - I mean it was a dentist visit - but I celebrate her excitement. I celebrate her desire to be big and grow up. I celebrate her happy. I celebrate her. 



And then I pray that she stays three forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment