Purchases so far:
- Ryan purchased some ice from a convenient store to refill his water jug for work (necessity)
- Radley and Kayla had a Chic Fil-A nuggets tray for their party
- Radley takes gymnastics every Tuesday which begins at 6:15 so it's pretty impossible to pick him up, take him home to eat and make it in time. We have purchased him Mickey D's Happy Meal for dinner. Total for the month: $8.00
- NOTHING ELSE!!
We realized that we wanted to be able to track our success in "real time" so any time that we have TRULY wanted to eat out enough to make excuses or justifications for it we have immediately put money away into savings. When all is said and done we should still be able to put as much into savings this month as we did prior to Emmy's day care costs!! Whoop!
We have also discussed our plan of action for future months:
- Only ONE family meal out each month
- Cash allotment for lunch/snack expenses each week (not to exceed $10 each)
- Special occasions can be exceptions but not excuses
- Radley's gymnastics days we will get him dinner, but not ourselves
only 15 more days until "happy hour!"