9.22.2010

Put a LOT of love in your heart...

I have a confession.

I was worried that I wasn't going to love Emersyn as much as I love Radley.

There. I said it.

But it's true. I looked at Radley and my heart filled with so much joy and love that I really thought it was impossible to love someone that much. I just didn't think my heart could take it.

I was scared. I was nervous. I was just unsure and not convinced that it was possible.


And then.... well, then she arrived.




And all of it changed.


In an instant my heart grew. I felt like the Grinch must have felt when he discovered the Christmas spirit. My heart literally grew to fill the love that I have for her.


She's only been here for 15 short weeks and already I can't imagine life without her. What did we do? How did we possibly fill our days with the void that was there without her?!?

It's crazy how much your heart can sustain. When Ryan and I were engaged I couldn't imagine loving him any more. And then we got married and he made my dreams come true.

And then I watched him become a Daddy. And my love grew more.


I pray that my heart is always this happy.

I pray that it can grow bigger and bigger to sustain each happy moment, each wonderful blessing that comes our way.


I hope that Radley and Emersyn know just how much they make our lives complete.


I hope they know that each day Ryan and I live for each day for them.

Always.

1 comment:

  1. so sweet :)

    i know - isn't it amazing - how much our hearts can grow?? :)

    ReplyDelete