8.22.2016

Read, know, learn, GO...

As sad as I was to bid summer ado, there is just something so fun about starting a new school year. We took a cue from Andrea and had a Back to School Brinner because the thought of trying to get a hot breakfast together on the first day of school was laughable. 


I set the table using items we had around the house and made sure to put our mantra for the year in the center. 


That Kid President is pretty darn smart. 


While Ryan and I were finishing up dinner, the kids sat at the table and wrote down ways that they will help somebody feel special, loved, appreciated, accepted... 


They thought it was the best start to a dinner ever. 


Meanwhile, dinner was looking AMAZING! (More on the Fed+Fit Book to come...)


I was so impressed with how they want to help others...

Rad: Be helpful and spread kindness - complete with a rainbow and holding up the world
Emersyn: The result of Pete's Dragon... "But, Mommy, Elliot helped Pete when he needed it most. And I want to tell everyone that I love them...just like Jesus."
Landry: Also drew a teensy Elliot the dragon and other things ;)


We had a great dinner and wonderful relaxing night before early bedtimes followed by even earlier alarm clocks. But look at this crew, they are so ready to conquer the year!


My verse for their year comes from Isaiah... 

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it."


I pray that no matter what the journey brings them, that they rely on His voice to lead them.


I pray that they are the light for others to see. That they show kindness to friends and respect to teachers.


And that they know their biggest built-in fan is just down the hallway if needed. 


We paused for one family pic before their school-year journey began.


We dropped off Radley first and he couldn't wait to get to his seat and get started. They hit the ground running this year - they will be speaking Spanish in both classes for the entire week!!


He had to suffer through four more pictures... please note how thrilled he is with his sisters hugs. HA!


Next up was Emersyn. I couldn't even begin to measure how big her smile was all morning. 


Her jitters from the morning quickly turned to excitement and she was okay with us leaving...Landry; however, wasn't so easy to convince. 


And then there was one... our tiniest tot ready for PRE-K!!!


She ran into her old classroom out of habit and then ERUPTED in giggles and said, "But...I'm in FRIENDSHIP!" A few final hugs and the school year officially began.


I picked them up full of smiles and to top off the big day, we made some big homemade french bread pizzas. Emmy was taking some pre-meal bites of that bread and pizza sauce. 


We ended a very big day with a very quick interview...


Hope your first day back was fantabulous!!! 


3 comments:

  1. Oh I can't even get over the cuteness that is bursting out of this post! It's just too much! All this back to school stuff is sending my heart and head in a million directions. My oldest starts kindergarten in two weeks and I am a mixture of excitement at the idea of some freedom and dread at sending him away all day!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Happy back to school. Your kids write great for their ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously think I missed this post....what in the world!! Such cuteness.

    ReplyDelete