2.06.2012

Date Night (pt 2)...

Ryan and Emersyn were not the only ones that had dates lined up. 

I was pretty lucky to be dining with a special guy myself...


Good looking... 


Affectionate... 



And a great sense of humor....


What more could a girl ask for?

Radley and I had a great "first date". Seriously - it was memorable to say the least. 

We headed to Texas Roadhouse for some "rolls and peanuts" in the middle of the giant storm I referenced earlier. We made it inside before the hard rain began and had a short wait before being seated. 

Radley let me order first and then politely informed the waitress that we were on a date. He was great company all evening, winning me over with his charm and wit, making me laugh and even shared his food. (A big plus in my book). 




Right about the time we were ready for our check, the storm got worse and the electricity briefly went out in the building. Now, if you know me at all you KNOW that I do not like a storm. At all. Growing up I slept in my parents closet for a week after a bad storm. I spent lots of time under Niki's stairs in middle school and in college tried to attack a storm with a broom. 

I am proud to say that I have gotten more brave in my old age - but I still don't love them. However, since I was with a four year old... I had to be the brave one. 

The lights came back on so we gathered our stuff to leave. By the time we made it to the door it was POURING. Like solid sheets of water coming down. There was no way that I could carry our stuff, Radley and an umbrella to the car alone. Luckily, someone was looking out for us when we arrived and I scored "princess parking" right outside the door. 

I told Radley to be brave and stand right inside while I put our stuff in the car. College Station is also home to just about every chilvarous person in the world, so some good ol Ags looked out for Rad while I went. I ran back, handed my umbrella to a stranger, grabbed Radley and asked them to follow us to the car. This was quite a site with my giant belly. 

Luckily - Radley thought this was all funny and laughed the whole way. 
We got drenched, but we did have fun!

We made it home safely and spent the rest of the night watching Superman waiting for our counterparts to arrive home from their dates. 

What a fun night - one I will always remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment