2.19.2012

Weekend update...

This weekend turned out to be a tad different that what we had planned, but you know what? It ended up being a great two days as a family! 

Ryan and I both had to work Saturday morning (yuck!) so Miss Alyssa came over to play with the kids (thank you!!) and they had a blast. Then Ryan scrambled home from work, grabbed the kids and took them to a joint birthday party for Jackson (4) and Atticus (1). 

They go to Radley and Emmy's school. ;)

Here are the "big" kids loving on some fajitas at the party! 




Radley loves birthday parties and gave me a full report. Sorry to have missed it but glad that they all got to go and enjoy celebrating those sweet boys! 


While the party was wrapping up I did some Power Cooking (no post this time - didn't take pics; sorry!) to stock up our freezer for MAK. These were repeat recipes - pulled pork and sausage jambalaya. 

One thing that our group has noted over the course of doing this: we prefer meals that are "crock pot ready" meaning either fully cooked and just need to be warmed or raw and can be thawed over night and then cook all day in the CP. Meals that require an hour or more of baking/reheating in the oven are difficult when you are scrambling to get home, bathe kids, make dinner, have quality interactions with tiny humans, etc... 

(We now resume our original blog post). 

And then the nesting really hit me. It went something like this:

I really have to get this nursery done. What if the baby comes tomorrow? Oh my gosh, I haven't even packed a hospital bag ::goes to closet to pick out clothes:: wait - I wear these pajamas now...is this too soon? What if I pack MAKs bag? ::goes back to nursery::  Does this:


Yep. Rad, Emmy and MAK are ready for the hospital. 

As I look at this I think about all the good that could be accomplished with the time I spend on coordinating outfits. :)


Crazy nesting resumes and I then find this:



Fabric scraps.

I make a swag for MAKs crib and a wreath for the hospital door. 

And then I finished packing (well, just MAKs bag on the right - bag on the left is hospital necessities such as boppy, goodies for kids, and door decorations). 


And he occasionally continued to do this.... 



And I am happy to say that as I type this EMERSYN'S FURNITURE IS PAINTED!!! It's done!

We can ACTUALLY switch rooms this week. Like for reals. 

I had a heart to heart with MAK and gave March 1 as the earliest arrival date possible. 

And now, I will rest peacefully. I do love the feeling of accomplishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment