3.11.2015

What's in a {blog} name...


I thought this link-up that Shelly mentioned was fun, so I wanted to play along... here is my FIRST ever blog post from 2010...


*********************************************************************************

So I decided to start a blog, but only after many many many MANY people begged me. (And by many... I mean two good friends). One of those good friends named this blog (thanks, Niki) and the other introduced me to the addiction known as blog stalking (thanks, Cindy). We are seeking help and should recover with no side effects.

I'm sure it will take a few posts for me to get in the groove of writing in a way that will keep you coming back for more. Don't give up on me because I actually am funny and do have lots of cool things to say. Just ask the two year old that likes to repeat them! :)

Well, like all good fairytales, I guess I should start from the beginning...

Once upon a time there was a boy and a girl. They met under the most romantic of circumstances hard at work at a local deli. She was the new girl and he was the seasoned employee. While it was not love at first...it was, "he is very cute" and "she has a nice... ehmmm... smile".

Long story short, they dated for six years, he finally proposed, she said yes and the rest is history in the making! The were eager to create their College Station dynasty and nine short months into marriage discovered that a baby was on the way! Their tiny prince arrived in September of 2007 and has made every day since then one blessing after another...

For those that know us that was obviously the abridged version; for those that don't I'm wondering what lead you to this blog already but thankful for the quick following. Hopefully it will lead to a life of fame of fortune with one movie deal after another.

The King's lives have become full of the good stuff that makes up our own happily ever after. Our castle is humble and our steeds are almost broken, but the love and joy that enrich our lives daily really are what dreams are made of. We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 4th member of our monarchy, who should arrive mid June!

In the meantime, I have must tend to what all good royal working moms are all too familiar with...dinner, dishes and dirty laundry! Until next time...

*********************************************************************************

Since then our kingdom was grown from 3 to 5. I'm still the Queen around here, I'm still a "royal working momma" and we are still living out our fairy tale one day at a time. :)



THE CIRCLE LINK-UP

6 comments:

  1. I love what you said about "the love and joy that enrich our lives daily really are what dreams are made of." That is such a beautiful truth about life and it's such a wonderful reminder to find that joy and love when times are tough and to be a giver of them as well!

    Thanks for linking up and congrats on your expanding King-dom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! That was a fun link-up!

      Delete
  2. I totally remember reading this for the first time before I began my blog stalking days.....I have always followed all your pics from Sarah and somehow made my way over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may need to share a "Queens" link-up one day! No sense in letting this royalty go to waste! :)

      Delete
  3. Haha blog stalking! My one true superpower. :P
    Also, all your royalty references are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - right! I love reading about people's lives!

      Delete