Sometimes when you haven't seen your Daddy for most of December, you get to stay up "super" late and bake cookies for Santa Clause.
After our fun filled day and dinner with the Munsons, we came home to a "ready to go" baking line. I had been texting Ryan while he was setting everything up but the kids had no clue and were so excited and thrilled to have some time with their Daddy.
Ryan is a total pro at baking with them, he does such a great job making sure that everyone has equal turns and gets to contribute to the entire process.
Whether it's just pouring ingredients...
or the advanced skill of cracking eggs, everyone has a place.
And usually that place is right beside him.
Landry insisted that they all wear our matching pjs and I could have just melted.
The extra 20 minutes was all it took to make them feel so unconditionally loved.
And as a bonus, we found the PERFECT cookie recipe. Seriously, I have never had a more beautiful for tasty cookie. I follow Destin Duchess (fellow blogger and Dr. Smith's ambassador) on Instagram and she always posts crazy delicious-looking pictures of her cookies. I asked for her "secret" recipe and I'm happy to share with you...
Picky Palates Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips*
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies, I used the double stuff*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!
Makes about 2 dozen VERY LARGE Cookies* I just copied and pasted the recipe directly from her site. We altered it a bit - replacing oreos with mini-kit kats and mixing it directly into the dough. Then baked at 350 for about 14 minutes. Y'all. I can't wait to make these again. And again. And AGAIN.
SO Good! Enjoy!