5.17.2016

Spiel the Beans: Summer Bucket List

Can I just tell you that Shelly and I were GIDDY last month when y'all linked up! I mean, we didn't break any blog records, but we weren't the only two people that linked. HA! Hoping we can continue to create a space for you all to gather and share whatever is on your mind, starting today.

So let's get this party started... it's time to...


I am so excited to read all of your amazing ideas for summer fun... I'm already counting on adding a few ideas to our list after reading yours! Flying kites, catching fireflies, dancing in the rain... so many things to look forward to doing! Last year we didn't make our own list since Emersyn's Pre-K class sent one home but crossing items off these lists have been a favorite summer activity for the past couple of years. Admittedly, I took a few of our old lists and then we changed them up a bit and the kids had final approval on each of the items. 


A few things we are most excited about...

Visit Another State: This will be number 13 on the list - we are thinking a weekend trip to OKC 

Making homemade ice-cream: We have Ryan's ice-cream maker from when he was a kid and it's awesome. I may need them to make me a homemade Wendy Frosty instead.

Volunteer together: Whether it's teaming up with Holly and her crew at the Food Bank or surprising the local firehouse with cookies, I love serving with my kiddos. 

Skip Day/PJ Day: Any excuse to sit and do nothing all day - I'll take it!

Watch a movie outside: We did this for Radley's birthday party and it was so much fun. I may even be able to talk the kids into sleeping on the trampoline. 

Yes Day: A day when I just say "yes" and allow the fun to happen for no rhyme or reason. Let the chaos begin. 

Go on a treasure hunt: We had fun geocaching on Mother's Day - the kids keep asking for more. 

Bury a time capsule: Who knows what will go inside and who knows if we will ever dig it up!

Can't wait to see what you want to check off!

Here's the complete list of link dates and topics... 


A little linkup etiquette:  

We want this link-up to be FUN but we get it... sometimes it's hard to keep track of it all! So feel free to post old posts - new posts... it's up to you!  Please link to your specific post URL and not to your blog home page.


Please place a link back to both hosts in either your post or on your party page so that others can link up too. 

Use the hashtag #spielthebeans on other social media

It's a party, try to visit at least 2 other posts and show them some love!  This is the fun part! Be inspired, inspire someone else - don't just link and run!  

We would love, love, love for you to follow us on some form of social media but it is not required. 



Follow Shelly: {Instagram} {Bloglovin} {Pinterest} {Facebook}



Follow Katy: {Instagram} {Bloglovin} {Pinterest} {Facebook}

Remember, this is a place to come to share your stories with others! Stop by other posts and say hello  - we are all in this crazy inter web together... so grab a drink, your coziest blanket and put your favorite Netflix show on in the background. Make some friends, share some laughs and maybe even shed some tears... we are so glad you here! Here are the prompts and dates for the year, we hope you'll join us for each and every one!






13 comments:

  1. Great list! Love the 'yes' day. I might have to steal it. I'm already taking homemade ice cream. I meant to link up- Hoping tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yes day is super fun and super scary - ha! I don't let the kids actually know that it's a "yes day" until well into the afternoon and then ask them if they've noticed. :)

      Delete
  2. I like your ideas! I used to love making sun tea when I was a kid. Volunteering is on my list too! Also, we love geocaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making sun tea and I'm really excited about doing more geocaching with the kiddos! Thanks for linking, Dara!

      Delete
  3. A Yes Day makes me a little nervous. Maybe I need to try it though to step out of comfort zone a little. These are great ideas. Thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - it makes me nervous, too! The key is I don't let the kids know until well into the afternoon to see if they've noticed a day full of mom not saying no! :)

      Delete
  4. This linkup was so fun! And your summer bucket list sounds amazing! Have fun this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Blake! I have loved reading everyone's list!

      Delete
  5. LOVE the link-up and hope we can join us bucket lists this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun summer bucketlist! We are still trying to wrap up our spring bucketlist, but I think summer is already knocking on our door! How exciting to visit a new state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer can't get here fast enough! It's so stinking close!

      Delete
  7. I may be a little late to the party but I am sure I'll be back linking up for your others; what wonderful topics!!

    ReplyDelete