Before I get really started, you know I must love you because I am about to post a picture of me on the INTERWEBS in a bathing suit.
But it's worth it, because I love you, friends, and this is hands down the best bathing suit I have ever purchased since I started actually caring what I look like a bathing suit. So basically past the age of 24, because until that age, I just threw something on and went swimming. Ugh. The good ol' days.
Reasons to love this suit:
- Covers all the bits
- Low maintenance
Where did I find such an amazing purchase? Target of course. For size reference, I'm in a medium. They also have it in blue, and I may just have to order it.
So now you have a fantastic suit - you need to make sure to protect that skin. We are in the sun lots and lots and lots and LOTS, so I don't skimp on the sunscreen. Growing up in the 90s, sunscreen meant baby oil and iodine, luckily my kids get super tan without all that mess. We stick to the SPF 50+...
1. Pure Sun Defense - I snagged these for the kids to take to camp because the bottles are pretty darn cute and it's endorsed by Hugh Jackman. What can I say, I'm a sucker for an accent. I like that the spray covers a ton of surface, but the bottles run out quickly. Coverage is good and no one complained about getting a sun burn.
2. Beach Defense - This is what I use on me - I like the smell and it's SPF30 which means my vanity wins a little and I get a nice tan without the sun burn.
3. Wet Skin Kids - I should buy stock in this. Just snagged two more bottles last weekend.
4. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer - This is what I use on all of our faces. Seriously the best. Light, not sticky or greasy and lasts for a long time.
5. Ban de Soleil - This stuff is amazing for when you want to be dark. Warning - it's only SPF 4 so don't go crazy. My dad has used this as long as I can remember so this smells like days at the pool to me. The best tanning gel out there.
** These work for us - use what works for you! **
I don't know if it's the effect of summer, but I have totally turned back into a beer babe. Like, the only alcoholic drink I want is beer. My current beer of choice...
Seriously, so dang good.
I'm out of the baby era (PTL) but I do want to share my go-to for diaper rash because the heat + bathing suit moisture + sweat + Lord knows what = some nasty summer diaper rash.
Do yourself a favor and order this. Life. Changing.
I love the ease of summer. The long days and unplanned nights. The acceptability of eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The excuse to hang out with friends for no other reason than it's Monday. Cheers to that...
And last but not least - I love my house in the summer. I keep out my red, white and blue all season long and although I was a little late putting it up this year, doesn't mean I love it any less!
I also love what I cook in the summer. (Well, when I do cook!) Lots of salads around here and I'm pretty excited to try even more from people that shared with Shelly and me during our link-up this week!
There you have it - my summer favs. Happy long weekend, everyone!