6.23.2017

Camp Carolina...

Emmy spent the first half of the week at one of her favorite places, Camp Carolina! After a much-too-quick for me drop off I couldn't wait to get home and sit in front of the computer for 8 hours check the campsite for uploaded pictures. The first day is rough for me, "Is she having fun?" "Is she being kind?" "Is she doing something crazy?" "Is she learning?"

Well this is the first picture I saw of her... 


Haha! She is never at a loss of attitude. 

Camp Carolina has been a real blessing for us - close enough to home for comfort, affordable, and most importantly, centered in Him. I love knowing that they are spending their days being lead by "big kids" that just LOVE Jesus. I pray regularly for my kids' friends - that they be lights for my kiddos and that my kids shine lights for them. Because I know that no matter how many times I repeat myself, it takes one friend, one time to suggest something that my kids will want to do. 


I loved peeking in on her and seeing that smile and getting to join in her days. She was always be someone new but never far from Kelly. 


I didn't got to a sleep away camp until I was in junior high ... I just remember FREEZING to death because I only brought sheets and no blankets. It was awful. I look at her and I just see courage and bravery - she's barely seven and already so willing to try new things and meet new people and she totally ROCKS at it!


Their theme night this year required them to dress up like lost boys/girls/pirates/Peter Pan peeps... her cabin wins the award for best Lost Girls ever. 


I mean, really... how adorable are they?


And then the morning arrived for pick-up... there is nothing like the full-on tackle hug of your kids. The smile on her face playing with her friends  turned to sweet elation at seeing us... goodness... nothing like that feeling!


This year Emmy was recognized for being "bold" in showing confidence in believing and expressing God's truth... just as Paul did (Acts 19:28). She was apparently never at a loss for words during devotional time and wasn't afraid to speak up... I have no idea where she gets that from.

;)



We made our way to the ark for one final worship hour and man, did they go all out this year! The set was amazing and details of the story of "foreverland" was just too cute. Emerysn got home and immediately started playing "foreverland"!


So proud of these two amazing girls - for being kind and loving and bold and beautiful daughters of Christ.


And thankful that these two missed her so much that they waited 17 whole minutes before getting into an argument. :)



Happy to have our girl back in my arms... right where she belongs!


See you in August, CC... 

No comments:

Post a Comment