8.19.2017

Foreverland Fun...

Radley had one day of rest before heading BACK to camp! This crew was heading to Carolina Creek for an entire week and they could not have been more ready to leave us behind!


Can you think of a better way to describe 100s of kinder-5th graders? 
Nope, me either.


This was the last session of the summer at CC but the counselors were just as excited and ready to teach these campers about Jesus as when we dropped Emersyn off in June!


I am LOVING this age of this crew. They are so fun and bright and free spirited. I pray so fiercely that they know how much they are loved and cherished by us. I had to grab one last hug from these two before we headed to the boys side of camp. 


Every time I see these cabins, I am incredibly impressed. I mean who wouldn't want to sleep in a building shaped like a giraffe?


Radley was thrilled that he was a Tiger - I think he's enjoying this growing up gig.


We were one of the first ones to drop off a camper so we got some extra time to snap pics. 



He was clearly over it. 
;)


We said our always too quick goodbyes and I immediately missed him as soon as we started the van. I am SURE that the feeling was 100% NOT mutual. Ha! The girls asked 103 times if the camp had posted any pictures because they missed him as much as me and Ryan did! I'm always so excited to see his face and when this was the first picture we saw, my heart nearly exploded. 

As we were dropping them off, Caroline saw her counselor from last year. She introduced Radley as her best-friend all the way from Pre-K. Cue the tears. Family is amazing to have, but when you get to choose your FRamily, well, what a gift. I always prayed that my kids would have a "Jenni"... an irreplaceable partner in life. Someone that knows and loves every piece of them. For them, that's the Munsons.



As luck would have it, rain was in the forecast for the entire week of camp. But who's going to let a "little" rain stand in the way of major fun?!?! Please note: WE SENT WATER SHOES. Nice ones. Keens - the kind you can wear as shoes. I actually let him use mine because his feet have grown so fast. So why then, dearest Radley, were you out in your tennis shoes?

At least he was in good company!


It's a shame that they don't have any fun without us.


The week probably flew by for him but we were counting the days to get our big kid back.


It was finally pick up day ... I think they missed him!

;)


We missed him, too!


Families arrive bright and early and each camper gets a cabin award. This is always my favorite part because I am always curious to hear what the kiddos strengths are from the perspective of others (and I also like to hear the creative explanations for some behaviors that others portray!)


Radley was recognized for his wisdom.

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock." Matthew 7:24

His counselors recognized his participation during devotional time and how he always gave thoughtful answers based on what he had read and learned from the bible. I am in awe of this kid - I need to be more like him. He reads the bible on his own every single day and I need to adopt that same practice.


Please note the backward ball cap (which I love)... wonder where he learned that? AND, we scored big time in that one of his counselors is an Aggie! Whoop to having Jacob nearby all year long!


Their friendship is a special one and I need to make it a priority for us to see this amazing family more than just during the summer. Pattons - monthly hangouts are in our future.


Emmy missed someone else, too!


What an honor to watch them not just grow up together, but to grow closer to God, together. I pray that their wisdom, adventurous spirits, selfless acts, boldness, kindess, and friendliness follows them along their paths every step of the way. That they learn from each other and build each other up in Him for years to come. 


Watch out, Carolina Creek - next year you get this entire crew for a WEEK! And they can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment