7.05.2010

Let Freedom Ring...

We took Emmy on her first road trip this weekend and headed up to Waco for the 4th of July. It was a great way to celebrate on one of my most favorite holidays. I'm not sure if it's the weather, the time of year, the food, the family, the fun or the fact that we are celebrating on of our greatest gifts -- freedom -- but I just LOVE July 4th!

The whole weekend was fun! Saturday the girls and Radley spent the day shopping and relaxing and yesterday Ryan, Pops (my dad) and Radley played a round of golf and then we all headed to my best-friend, Jenni's house. We typically host a party at our house, but this year I decided to give myself a break and invited us to celebrate at Jenni's! They have a pool and just built a fun deck onto it so it was a great excuse to check it out! Thanks for being such a great hostess, friend!


2008

2009

2010

Karli, Radley and Kenly

GiGi, Radley and Pops

After we feasted on ribs, chicken, hot dogs, tater salad, corn casserole and the best banana pudding you will ever taste... we enjoyed a little fun in the sun...

CHEESE...

Karli swimming like big girl! (I PROMISE she was well supervised and her head really was above water!! )

Taking a popsicle break


After we cleaned up (the house, not so much ourselves...HA!), my mom took us to a top secret place to watch the City of Waco fireworks display. We have our own secret place in College Station, but it doesn't compare to the view we got last night. My mom works for the Waco PD so we enjoyed the display in the comfort of the Waco Police Department parking lot... this may sound weird, but it literally felt like the fireworks were going to rain down directly on us. It was awesome and the kids LOVED it!


Thanks for the great seats, Mom!


By the time it was done, we were all exhausted and ready to go home...

especially Miss Emersyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment