7.12.2010

The Sweetest Things...

Summer time always seems a little sweeter to me. Maybe because growing up in a small town summers were filled with days at the pool, hanging out with friends, riding bikes to Zippy's to buy candy and coke, snow cones and the smell of suntan lotion. My friends and I just had the best time...I could write about great summer memories for hours (but I won't bore you).

The summer just makes me happy...the heat, the activity, the smells all of it just brings a smile to my face! I pray that my kids look back on all their summers growing up with as much happiness as I am able to.

Some of my favorite life's sweetest summer things...

Learning how to swim...


Being "twinkies" with your friends by having the same bathing suit
(I think Jenni and I bought matching bathing suits until the 8th grade)



A sweet summertime nap outside...


Getting ice cream with your friends...


Bedtime stories...


And celebrating summer birthdays!!

Happy Birthday to one of the greatest friends I know! Cindy, you are a fabulous girl through and through and a great reason why my college summers were so "sweet!"
Love you and Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. haha Zippy's aka Payless aka the Diamond Shamrock aka Valero... did I miss any? Did Mrs Ridlehuber Hughes Bennett happen to own it at any point?

    ReplyDelete