3.16.2012

Killing time...

Well, I am officially 47 minutes past my due date.

And I'm wide awake.

Not in labor, just awake. Willing labor to come.

My doctor is out of town, so no induction until he returns which isn't until Monday. So if MAK isn't here by then, we see Dr. D. on Monday and go from there.

So, what does one do when they have no baby but maternity leave has begun? I think lots of people do the last minute things like finish the nursery, pack bags, pre-register at the hospital, etc... All that has been done for quite some time. So, well...here is a rundown of what has kept me busy:

Monday: Kids went to school. I got my nails done (if you haven't tried the shellack you should - it is amazing), took TWO naps, and attempted a pinterest project that turned out awful. Made dinner, played with kids, went to bed.

Tuesday: Kids went to school. I got called into doctor's office for an NST. Came home. Took nap. Killed time by watching A Time to Kill (gets me EVERYtime. Free Carl Lee). Picked kids up, went to Pei Wei, drove to gymnastics (which was cancelled and I didn't know it, met Munsons for some DQ, trip to HobLob. Bed.

Wednesday: Kids at home! Played/watched Peter Pan in morning. Lunch. Naps. Aggie Baseball.

We met the Munson/Brown clan at the new Aggie baseball complex...it is gorgeous! Blue Bell sponsored the renovations and they did a very nice job. (Which was good since we played AWFUL). They have a play ground for all the kids and two sections of "lawn seats" for discounted prices.

Melinda, Radley, Annaliese, Caroline, Emersyn, Me, Brendon 
(Josh is taking pic and Cindy and Millie hadn't arrived yet)

Anna thought the Emmy needed help with the popcorn. I think it's cute how they treat Emmy like "the baby". 


Radley and Caroline were so excited about watching the game they took out an iPhone. (Which was quickly taken back)


It was a nice distraction in our day, but didn't last forever. 

Oh how my heart melts at times like these...

Emmy '32, Radley '30, Caroline '30, Annaliese '31


Today I had my weekly appointment - no change (seriously, how is this possible) and then came home and played with the kiddies until dinner, bath and bed. Now - well, now I am wide awake. 

So, I wait. And wait. And wait. 

Good thing I'm reminded by sweet kicks and small contractions that this is something worth waiting for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment