3.17.2012

Landry's Fairy Tale Beginning...

Landry definitely wanted to make her entrance into the world. She obviously made us wait longer than we were intending because she knew that she would be more than worth it! Last week I had two NSTs (non stress tests) to make sure that she (it is SO fun to type finally type a gender) was doing ok. Dr. Dawson, my OBGYN, was out of town but he was keeping tabs on me and MAK. 


By Thursday I was getting a little antsy so they stripped my membranes to move things along (this was not pleasant). Dr. Moore acted as if this would send me into immediate labor, but nothing. Not even an extra kick. I went to bed around 1am on Friday morning and slept soundly until around 5:45am. I had my first contraction at 5:50am. And we pulled up to the hospital at 6:45am. 


The contractions were immediately 2-3 minutes apart so we knew that we needed to move quick. They were pretty intense but bearable, until she turned. They were all in my back and it was awful. I don't mind admitting that me and pain aren't friends. I did show constraint and used no foul language, so yay me, but I was ready to be admitted and reintroduced to my friend, Epi Dural. 


Once I got my dose of demoral, I was good enough to update the blog (I just posted the letters we already had written to Radley and Emersyn). 


Then I got the good stuff and things were much happier in the room. I had just enough time to say hello to Mom and Dad... 


And pause for a pic with Ryan.
(He has worn the same tshirt for all three kids' births).


Then I got an extra great surprise - Dr. Dawson was actually back in town, so he came up on his DAY OFF to deliver and Samme, the best L&D nurse ever was there, too!!! It was like a mini reunion in our room and I was completely at ease. 


Four pushes later and Lillian Landry King entered the world at 9:45am (less than 4 hours after my first contraction). I am still in disbelief. If we do have a fourth, I am going to camp out at the hospital. 
Thanks, Dr. Dawson for taking the time to make sure we were well taken care of!


Our first pic as Dad, Mom, and Landry.


All the waiting was MORE than worth it. 


Then it was time to introduce Landry to her siblings. Someone was pretty anxious...


Waiting for Daddy to walk down the hall...


And making their guesses on what MAK would be...


I think most of us thought boy.


But I guess this one was destined to have a little sister.


GiGi and Tia were ready to find out!


Ryan carried Landry down the hall and they all thought he was "lying" when they saw the pink balloons.


Radley was so excited to meet his newest little sister that he ran up to them.


He had a car waiting for her to share. 


Emersyn was excited to meet her "baby", too.


And of course Tia and GiGi couldn't wait to get a peek. 


All smiles!


Our first picture as a "party of 5".


Everyone couldn't get enough snuggles from Landry.


Even Uncle Pete!


Radley was beyond precious with her. Quote of the day:
"Mommy, I'm so happy I could just cry."


And Emmy is just as smitten. She couldn't stop kissing Landry.


Tia patiently waited for her turn to snuggle, too. 


We are so happy and thankful for our Lillian Landry. 


We can't wait to see what stories she adds to our fairy tale and what happy endings she will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment